The Old Rectory is Grade II* listed and dates back to 1534. The Old Rectory was built on the site of an old monastery and was traditionally used as the Vicar’s Residence. Historically the building had been used for both residential and ecclesiastical purposes.
The existing building is part residential and part office accommodation, and consent was granted to return the building back to its original residential use. The four apartments have been sensitively incorporated into the existing structure, ensuring where possible that the key historical walls and features are maintained. There are two duplex apartments in each of the wings and two apartments in the central part of the building, each with their own entrance, private garden and parking spaces.
The proposals were developed with specialist guidance from The Built Heritage Consultancy and in in ongoing discussions with the Conservation Officer and Historic England in order to ensure the proposed scheme will provide significant long term benefits to such an important heritage asset in the town centre of Beaconsfield.